HOPE AND HEALING INSTITUTE MEDIA KIT
All media inquiries should be directed to Julia Abbott-Koivumaa
WHO ARE WE AND WHAT DO WE DO?
The mission of the Hope and Healing Institute (HHI) is transformative research with greater purpose.
At the Institute, scholars and research fellows are involved in the development of resources, programs, and supportive services that strengthen the physical, mental, spiritual, and relational health of families and individuals from birth through elder-hood.
Work in the Institute is focused around four research initiatives: Child and Adolescent Wellbeing; Building Healthy Families and Relationships; Successful Aging and Later Life; Promoting Mental Health and Recovery.
The HHI seeks to provide an environment where new and unique ideas in relation to faith and mental health can be considered and developed.
WHY COVER THE HOPE AND HEALING INSTITUTE?
We know how many incredible organizations and noble causes there are out there… which inevitably brings you (on behalf of your readership/viewership/listenership, of course) to ask – “ Why cover the Hope and Healing Institute?”
The Hope and Healing Institute is a group of scholars from a variety of disciplines including psychology, religion, psychiatry, social work, medicine, and theology, who believe that engaging and equipping the faith community may be the answer to our mental health crisis.
The Institute serves as a bridge between the mental health and faith communities.
At the Institute our scholars and research fellows are developing programs, resources, and models that bring these two very different worlds together under a shared goal, caring for others.
The work of the Institute is focused around four research initiatives
- Child and Adolescent Wellbeing
- Building Healthy Families and Relationships
- Successful Aging and Later Life
- Promoting Mental Health and Recovery
We seek to provide an environment where scholars can develop new and unique ideas in relation to faith and mental health.
Transformative research with greater purpose is our mission.
The Institute is a unique place; a place where science and faith intersect; a place where shared values bring different groups together; a place where broken lives are healed.
Working on a story and need quotes or information about mental illness, and issues of faith, coping with a special needs family member, or adoption/foster care challenges? The Hope and Healing Institute has several Fellows and key staff members who are experts on the following topics:
- Psychology and issues of faith
- Faith communities and mental health
- Aggression and violence
- Trauma and posttraumatic stress disorder
- What Adoptive and Foster Parents wish family and friends knew
- Is Adoption or Foster Care right for you?
- Adoption and Foster Care Loss – Helping a loved one grieve (or – a grief like no other)
- Connecting While Correcting – Parenting Children from Hard Places
- Adoption and Foster Care Ministry – Is it right for your congregation?
- How to Create and Sustain Special-Needs Parent Support Groups
- Self-Care for Special-Needs Parents
- Coping with Chronic Grief
- How to be Inclusive to Families with Special Needs
- Coping as a Couple with a Special-Needs Child
Email us or give us a call and we’ll put you in contact with the staff member best able to address your needs – Julia Abbott-Koivumaa (713) 985-3832
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Visit our FAQ page.
LINK TO THE HOPE AND HEALING INSTITUTE WEBSITE
Thank you for choosing to include a link to the Hope and Healing Institute on your website! We appreciate you supporting our organization enough to share it with your users. We recognize that there are many people who may still be unaware of our programs and support groups, and links from sites such as yours are essential to increasing our web presence.
Suggested accompanying text:
- (Your company name) supports the Hope and Healing Institute, a charitable organization dedicated to transformative research with greater purpose.
- (Individual name) is a member of the [Board of Directors] for the Hope and Healing Institute, a charitable organization dedicated to transformative research with greater purpose (This example would be a great addition to an employee/executive bio on your website)
- The Hope and Healing Institute is a comprehensive mental health resource dedicated to transforming lives and restoring hope through education, training and supportive services.
LOGO USAGE AND GUIDELINES
Please do not alter the Hope and Healing Institute or Hope and Healing Center & Institute logos in any way. The Hope and Healing Institute or Hope and Healing Center & Institute logos should never use an effect (examples: drop shadows, gradients, strokes, or underlines) and should remain solid in color (for approved colors please contact the marketing department). If you require our logo in a specific format, please contact us at (713) 985-3832 and ask to speak with Julia Abbott-Koivumaa, the Marketing Communications Specialist, she is happy to assist you.
RELATIONSHIP – THE HOPE AND HEALING CENTER & INSTITUTE
THE HOPE AND HEALING CENTER & INSTITUTE (HHCI)
The Hope and Healing Center (HHC) & Institute (HHI) share a common vision of “building and restoring lives to health and wholeness.” While intimately associated, the Center and the Institute (HHCI) serve different roles in pursuit of this vision.
HHI is the research and resource development partner of the Hope and Healing Center (HHC). The Institute creates new programs and resources and the Center offers those resources, as well as programs developed elsewhere, to the community at large.
Link to Matthew Stanford’s blog.